ADB - Japan Full Scholarship Program 2015-2016
April 16, 2015
Deadline: April 30, 2015
Applications are invited for ADB- Japan Scholarship Program available for students of Asian Development Bank’s developing member countries. The ADB-JSP enrolls about 300 students annually in participating academic institutions located in 10 countries within the region. Scholarships are available to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study. Students are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
The ADB-JSP enrolls about 300 students annually in participating academic institutions located in 10 countries within the region.
ADB-JSP will include:
- full tuition fees
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution(s). Applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation.
Participating Host Institutions:
The following institutions participate in the Program:
- Crawford School of Economics and Government (National Centre for Development Studies)
- Australian National University Canberra, Australia
- University of Melbourne Melbourne, Australia
- University of Hong Kong Hong Kong, China
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi New Delhi, India
- Hitotsubashi University, School of International and Public Policy Tokyo, Japan
- International University of Japan Niigata, Japan
- Keio University, International Graduate Programs on Advanced Science and Technology, Graduate School of Economics, Graduate School of System Design and Management Yokohama, Japan
- Kobe University, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies Kobe, Japan
- Kyushu University, Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences Graduate School of Law Fukuoka, Japan
- Nagoya University, Graduate School of International Development Nagoya, Japan
- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, (formerly Graduate School of Policy Science, Saitama University) Tokyo, Japan
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies Oita, Japan
- Ritsumeikan University, Graduate School of Economics Kyoto, Japan
- Saitama University, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering Saitama, Japan
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Tokyo, Japan
- The University of Tokyo, Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Urban Engineering, Graduate School of Public Policy, Institute of Environmental Studies, School of International Health Tokyo, Japan
- Tsukuba University, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences Ibaraki, Japan
- University of Auckland Auckland, New Zealand
- Lahore University of Management Sciences Lahore, Pakistan
- Asian Institute of Management Manila, Philippines
- International Rice Research Institute, University of the Philippines, Los Banos Laguna, Philippines
- Nanyang Technological University Nanyang Business School Singapore
- National University of Singapore Singapore
- Asian Institute of Technology Bangkok, Thailand
- Thammasat University Bangkok, Thailand
- East-West Center, University of Hawaii Hawaii, USA
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Students from Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cook Islands, People’s Republic of China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taipei,China, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam can apply for ADB-JSP. Applicants from graduated member countries, i.e., Hong Kong, China, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, and Taipei, China, as defined under the Classification and Graduation Policy, are no longer eligible for ADB-JSP.How to apply? click here