Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Akvo.org, deadline Dec 18
December 14, 2015
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Akvo seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) specialist to join our team in Amsterdam. Increasingly, Akvo tools are used to collect data across many sectors and organisations. A key element now is to ensure that the data that is being collected is relevant and that it is subsequently being used to improve understanding, decision-making and aid effectiveness in general. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate in contributing to this area.
This new position will focus on assisting partner organisations and programmes to optimise managing result data. In addition, the new colleague will be able to contribute to game changing, open source, project results data management tools in the international sector.
Primary responsibilities will be as follows:- Support partners with in depth advice on efficient and effective M&E practices using Akvo tools (Akvo RSR, Akvo FLOW and Akvo DASH)
- Set-up high-quality, effective result frameworks
- Coordinate and manage M&E for programmes Akvo is involved in
- Contribute to the continuous enhancements of Akvo tools in the area of M&E, including data analysis and visualisation
- Contribute to the expansion of Akvo’s partnerships in the area of results management
Core skills and experience should include:- At least seven years of experience with a wide variety of M&E methods in the development sector (Experience in Water and Sanitation, Agriculture and Renewable Energy will be valued)
- Extensive experience as well as passion in information technology
- Accurate, open-minded and positive working attitude
- Great communication and team collaboration skills with excellent written and spoken English
You’ll need the relevant permits to work in Europe, and we will not be able to assist with any expenses associated with relocation to the Netherlands. You’ll be required to be physically based in Akvo’s Amsterdam office.
To apply for this position, send your motivation letter and resume to Marten Schoonman at email@example.com before the 18th of December, 2015